Bunded fuel storage tanks minimize the risk of spillages and offer total security as they are the safest method of fuel storage on site.
A bunded fuel tank houses a primary tank within a fully enclosed secondary tank, known as the bund.
The major advantages of bunded tanks over single skin fuel tanks is that failure or overfill of the primary tank results in no spillage onto the forecourt as it is safely contained within the bund.
If an overfill does occurs the fuel can be pumped back into the inner tank from the outer bund without contamination.
Bunded tanks must be used for any commercial fuel tank above 200L and any domestic fuel tanks above 3500L (as stipulated in the 2001 Control of Pollutions Act).
FuelQuip’s High specification range of bunded tanks come with :
- Fill point connection with point label information.
- Pipework connection to fuel pump.
- Tank contents gauges
- Electronic high / low level and bund alarm.
- Cabinet light with PIR control.
- Commercial fuel pump / monitor of your choice.
- Consumer unit for isolation of individual electrical items.
- Pressure Regulating Valve (PRV) to prevent fuel spillage in case of drive off.
- Full size security end cabinet with lockable roller shutter door.
- Hose reels
- Split conpartments
- Extra fuel pumps
- Fuel Conditioner to combat Diesel Bug
- FuelQuip TG3M independant Fuel theft alarm
- Additional gauges can also be added.